Author: Rashi Verma
- The best time to cold call is between 4:00-5:00pm. The second best is 8:00-10:00am. The worst times are 11:00am and 2:00pm. (InsideSales and Kellogg School of Business)
- Thursday is the best day to prospect. Wednesday is the second best day. Tuesday is the worst day. (InsideSales)
- In 2007 it took an average of 3.68 cold call attempts to reach a prospect. Today it takes 8 attempts. (TeleNet and Ovation Sales Group)
- 80% of sales require 5 follow-up calls after the meeting. 44% of sales people give up after 1 follow-up. (The Marketing Donut)
- After a presentation, 63% of attendees remember stories. Only 5% remember statistics. (Chip and Dan Heath)
- 70% of people make purchasing decisions to solve problems. 30% make decisions to gain something. (Impact Communications)
- Each year, you’ll lose 14% of your customers. (BusinessBrief)
- Prospects that buy have 58% more objections than prospects who don’t. Learn to appreciate objections as they provide opportunities to solve customer problems.
- The #1 reason Customers buy from you isn’t service, selection, quality or price — it’s your confidence!